Well, tomorrow morning, I head out with Justin and 10 Aggies on our Spring Break Missions Trip to Trujillo, Peru. We're pumped and eager to serve. Please pray for us:
* For safety in travel
* For the 2-3 times I will be preaching there
* For our students as they experience another culture; especially that God would open their eyes to how He is building the Kingdom of Christ around the world
* For our evening with the university students
* For our evening with the English Language Institute
* For our outreach in the Arevelo parish where we will be doing construction, a VBS for the children of the community, and a potential cookout
* For our faith to grow as we serve the missionaries & Peruvians
* For Christ to bring Himself much glory through this week.
I will try to give regular updates if I can get to a computer there.
Thursday, March 9, 2006
Wow, I feel like I've been away more than at home lately. Two weeks ago, the whole family traveled to McIlwain Pres in Pensacola, FL. It was so good to catch up with our friends that we haven't seen for years there (John was on staff there from 96-99 before we headed to seminary). The church loved on us well, plus our kids had a good time playing with the children there, especially the Looper kids. John spoke to the youth group on Saturday evening, and did a presentation for the adults during the Sunday school hour.
Last weekend, John flew out to Stateboro, GA, to attend the missions conference of Trinity Pres, the home church of Pastor Roland Barnes, who is the Director of Christian Missionary Society which handles the behind the scenes stuff for Peru Mission. Here, I spoke during the youth & college class, plus gave a brief lo-down during one of the worship services.