Friday, May 12, 2006

What Others Are Learning, & We With Them

One of the joys of this whole endeavor is watching God work in the lives of our friends as God stirs hearts to join us in this effort. I received the following letter from one of our students here at Texas A&M as he joins us in sacrificing for the sake of the Gospel. His letter was such an encouragement to us that I wanted to share it with you (with his permission, of course):

"Learning to trust in God in all aspects of life has been and continues to be a struggle for me. Yet our great God has proven Himself faithful whenever I have trusted Him above all else. I want you to know how instrumental you both have been in God's work upon my heart to learn to trust and obedience to His will and His calling.

"I have been praying for you and your family as you prepare for Peru and wait upon the Lord to provide money to go....I have been thinking and praying about it now, and though it has never been a question of whether or not to give, I have struggled with how much to give.

"Tomorrow is guaranteed to no one and the Lord calls us to give out of the generosity of our hearts in accordance to the needs of others. I cannot, no that is wrong, I am without the faith to give you all that I have to give, trusting that God would provide me (a huge sigh has just been exhaled). But in small faith I hope that my gift will be increased by God's grace and your faithfulness.

"Perhaps one day I will sell all my possessions and walk by faith alone, forsaking earthly cares for eternal vision, as the prophets of old. Or maybe my measure is something less grand, yet of good use. Whatever becomes of anyone like us, may God be glorified in our living this life we have been blessed to receive.

With Love and Hope,
XYZ

How we are blessed and challenged to walk by faith as we watch our friends do so!

No comments: