Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Right smack-dab in the middle of summer!

I know that right now, many of you are enjoying cold to moderate temperatures, but it is just HOT here in Trujillo, Peru. The high here this afternoon reached 88 degrees, and add another +5-7 degrees inside. Right now at 10pm, my clock beside my bed tells me it is 86.5 degrees. We keep the fans blowing all the time it seems (yea, no air conditioning). But we haven't melted yet, just envious of North American weather right now. I'm told by the locals that February is the hottest month, but it doesn't actually start cooling any until April. So we are hanging on....

We have a couple of things to upcoming to let you know about:

1. Actually, this is happening right now. Please pray for our health. Heather has been running a low-grade fever for a couple of weeks, and Colton has had an upset stomach which has laid me out for a couple of days now. In fact, please pray for all our mission families & interns here. I'm sure we pass stuff back and forth, but it seems like a number of us seem to get hit with it more than we'd like.

2. This Saturday, our university ministry and our language institute will be having a sports day. This is essentially a time to interact with Peruvians, help connect folks, and build relationships. SALI is our language institute which serves as something of a fishing pool for our mission.

3. The following week, SALI will be having a movie night featuring Cinderella Man. I have been asked to lead the follow up discussion on it. This is something we did regularly with RUF at TAMU and I really enjoyed using a film and its message to provoke thought and questions about our life, good and evil, the place of our Creator God in the universe, and how we go about trying to make sense of life in this broken and bent universe.

Stay tuned for pics and updates from these events....

2 comments:

Caleb Bell said...

I'll pray for you and y'all's health specifically. They did Cinderella Man at church for a "Film & Theology" a few months ago. If you're interested, they posted the audio from the follow-up presentation here (I attended, but I can't really remember what the quality was like).

Andrew said...

I did a review of Cinderella Man on my blog a while back, but I doubt it will help your discussion much.

Thanks for sharing how we can pray for you guys; we miss you a bunch and love to hear how the Lord is working in your lives.