Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Surreal Life

Well, we just returned from RUF and I preached my last sermon on the campus of TAMU. (We have one more RUF meeting, but our graduating seniors will be giving their testimony as to what God has taught them during their time here). This is a weird experience. I know in my mind that this was the last time, but in my heart it feels like I will have many more opportunities. Next week. And the next week. And the next semester.

When I got up to speak, one of our students who shall remain nameless (ahem...Hannah Wachdorf) pointed to her face like streams of tears were falling! She almost got me there, but I recovered. I preached from Luke 7, the story of the woman of the city who crashed Simon the Pharisee's party in order to demonstrate her love for Christ by washing his feet with her tears and hair. It is a good text, and just like everywhere else in the Bible, you have to present it and just get out of the way.

At any rate, I feel weird right now. I'm in denial. This is all surreal.

No comments: