Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Seminar on Vocation

My good Peruvian friend, Pablo (university student, spanish partner, maybe on day future campus minister, and definite future president of Peru!), recently organized a conference for university students in general and evangelical students in particular on the topic of vocation. He asked me to present a seminar on "Serving God in our Vocation." Providentially, I had recently studied Gene E. Veith's book, God at Work, with our SALI interns and heard the associate pastor of Providence Reformed PCA, Chris Smith, teach on the topic to our congregation while he was here on a short term mission trip and who generously lent me his notes.

At any rate, Pablo said we had between 100-130 students in attendence throughout the day long conference, so we were excited to see his leadership skills and influence at work in organizing and putting on this conference. If you are interested, here are my notes. (Plus, I made a nifty visual presentation on Apple's superior-to-powerpoint software, Keynote, which, if I must say, was quite impressive. I'm trying not to become a Mac snob, but it sure is hard!).

Thanks for your prayers

No comments: