Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Our First Small Group Meeting (Totally in Spanish!)

Pablo, Carlos, Obal, Estela, Me, Edward & Santiago (my friend Brian was in attendance, but had to leave early for another meeting).

We had our first small group meeting this morning to discuss the book, "La Santidad de Dios" ["The Holiness of God"], and what the Bible has to say about this topic. I'm very encouraged with our students. We met in a cafeteria on the campus of the National University of Trujillo for about an hour and forty-five minutes. They all asked great questions and had very good comments. We continued to talk on our way out of the university as well. I think all of them are excited about this study and grateful for this oppurtunity. I am very encouraged and amazed at this group of jovenes/ young people that God has formed. And I still can't believe that I'm doing this in Spanish. Who would've thunkit?

Please keep these folks in mind and in your prayers over the coming weeks and months. I expect God to teach us some great things and to change lives. Who knows what God will do with this study and with and through these young people? I certainly don't, but I think its going to be very exciting. Thanks for making it possible.

No comments: