Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Prayer Requests

We could use your prayers for the following:

* Every Wednesday, Heather leads a study on the Fruit of the Spirit with the house mothers at a local orphanage called Hogar de Esperanza. This is a constant source of encouragement for these ladies.

* Every Wednesday I have our RUF study on La Santidad de Dios [The Holiness of God]. We have a great group of 7-8 young people. Please pray for their growth in the knowledge and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

* I have an opportunity to speak Thursday afternoon to the young people at CBU, a student-led evangelical Bible study. The topic I have been asked to address is "Relationships & Being Unequally Yoked." What a great topic to win friends and influence people!

* This weekend, I'll be teaching on the 9th Commandment at our local church during Sunday School. I regularly butcher the mother tongue of these folks!

* I'm having a lot more one-to-one meetings with students. The other day, I had an hour & 45 minute conversation with one student about wine, Jesus, & the Gospel. Depending with whom I am speaking, I can understand about 60-75% of what is being said.

And did I mention that this is in SPANISH?!!

Happy 4th of July. I think we are going to celebrate this evening with some friends and some home-cooked chili!

2 comments:

Joshua Butcher said...

So what % is the standard you have to meet for us to be able to call you and Heather bilingual??

Praise God for your progress and may He continue to enlighten your minds to the language and culture, but especially to His grace!

southcutt said...

> * I have an opportunity to speak Thursday afternoon to the young people at
> CBU, a student-led evangelical Bible study. The topic I have been asked to
> address is "Relationships & Being Unequally Yoked." What a great topic to
> win friends and influence people!

John! Do I detect some sarcasm coming from you?! ;)

Y'all are constantly in my prayers.