Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Prayer Requests

* Praise for the apologetics class I have been teaching in Spanish which will conclude this week (which also explains the scarcity of posts on this blog). It was a good exercise for me, and I trust, very useful for our students. Pray that these students will be effective witnesses and defenders of the faith in Peru.

* Pray for continual acquisition of the language. We are conversant, but not fluent, and I think it is pretty ugly if not torturous! Since language is our primary tool, mine definitely needs sharpening and I need much more skill.

* Pray for personal holiness. This whole journey has been what my wife calls 'fast-track sanctification.' God is growing us in many ways, but we still need to grow in love, patience, trust & joy (and probably a lot of other areas that we don't know about!)

* Finally, pray for our university ministry here. Geraldo (the main campus minister) and I will be working over the Christmas break on our plan of action for the upcoming year. We will be trying to gather students into small groups, develop our philosophy of ministry, and become more effective in outreach. Pray that God would go before us, give us wisdom, and enable us to speak the Gospel in meaningful ways to the students here.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I just love you. :)

Hannah D A said...

Praying here in Texas for you in Peru.

Caleb Bell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caleb Bell said...

Did you use a particular text / curriculum / "school" of apologetics for your class? I went through one at church last winter that used "Apologetics to the Glory of God" by John Frame, which was heady, but I enjoyed.

(Sorry, I wanted to get an e-mail if you replied and I couldn't figure out how to make it happen without deleting and re-posting my comment)