Tuesday, March 4, 2008

It's Hot!!!


There's no getting around it: It is HOT here! I came home a few weeks ago from RUF and entered my room. You can see from the photo that at 11:53pm, it was 84.6 degrees in our room. I know I'm a wimpy modern person and my grandparents did just fine without it, but I love my air conditioning and we don't have it here!

February / March is our August / September in the states. Even though Trujillo is the city of the eternal Spring, it does get quite toasty here, especially if you are in the sun. Our kids are enjoying visits to the local pool as they try to keep cool. I've never appreciated ice like I do now!

Anyway, just a thought for my friends who are enjoying cool / cold weather back home. I just talked with Chad Scruggs, the RUF Campus Minister from SMU who will be bringing a group of 18 students here on Saturday. He told me that Dallas had a layer of snow on the ground this morning.

I just can't believe it!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm sweating just reading this. Oh wait - I'm there too.